Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Giant BlueBerry

"Giant Blueberry" is probably not the best word to describe our planet Earth but it is the best word that comes to mind when i think about it.

I am not one of the few people who are fortunate enough to have seen our amazing world from afar, however, that does not make me believe in its beauty any less. The pictures that I have seen of Earth taken from outer space amaze me, and I cannot find a more suitable description than "Giant Blueberry".

One reason for this can obviously be because it looks blue from far, but the more I think about it the more similarities I find between the 2 - two things which I would usually think have almost nothing in common.

But if you think about it in a deeper sense, you can find many similarities. Both are rich and full of life, they are both a blessing and a gift from God, and both of their fates depend entirely on what we do with them. We can either take it is and enjoy it naturally, or you can use it's raw characteristics to make something better, for example, you can take a blueberry and make pie, and you can take any raw material we find on our planet and make a chair or house or what ever your heart desires, or you can do what humanity is currently doing and just plain and simply destroy it.

Never the less, regardless of what we do, the bottom line is that our planet is amazing and it never ceases to amaze me, no matter how many times I look at pictures of it. And then I think of something more mind boggling...that this enormous world we call our home is just a tiny piece of a huge galaxy, and this huge galaxy we call home - The Milky Way - is just a tiny piece of an unexplored gigantic universe out there.

Every single day scientists are finding out more and more things about the world around us and it seems to never stop...well...if it did, these explorers and scientists, who have built their careers and lives on this will be out of a job. How much must there really be out there if all these people are willing to risk everything on discovering new things, when they and so many others like them dedicate their lives and all their time on this?

There are many things that I have never seen, and I am hoping to do and see as much as possible before my days here come to an end, but seeing is not necessarily believing, I believe that the whole world is amazing and the few things that I have seen here make it extremely difficult for me to doubt the existence of a God.

No comments: